Nationals Baseball: Non-selective Bryce Harper Newsflash

Monday, November 01, 2010

Non-selective Bryce Harper Newsflash

Unlike mlb.com here at Nationals Baseball you get the good and the bad, or more precisely the bad and the good. After noting Bryce's 0-4 2K outing the other day, I would be remiss if I didn't also note that he went 3-4 Saturday, with a double and a homer. So there you go. It didn't seem to be a particularly well pitched game but then again that could have been because of all the hits Bryce was getting. His .353 average would be up there but they are picking and choosing the spots for Bryce to play so he doesn't have enough at bats. Derek Norris does have enough at bats and is 2nd in the league in slugging. The better he does, the easier it becomes to imagine that trade for a #1 starter.

A few other notes:

I'm glad the "warrior" eye black is gone but it's still pretty thick on there. A fair compromise, I suppose.

The phrase "a triple short of the cycle" should never be used.

While I'm not sure if I'll be happier if the Giants, rather than the Rangers, win the World Series, I know I'll be glad I'll never have to utter the phrase "World Series Champion Jeff Francoeur"

1 comment:

Bryan said...

3-4, double, homer. OMG! Hall of Fame here he comes! Zoinks!

"a triple short of the cycle." Seeing as its the hardest of the four to get, and the fact that the very sentence means its late in the game, essentially means it ain't going to happen.